Thursday 9 October 2008

Waiting room - Shopping List - Necklace - BMW - Red

It was so hot in the dentists waiting room that I was becoming aware of tiny beads of moisture gathering in the small of my back. The thought of heat and sweat was distracting me as I tried once again to complete my shopping list, make this unneccessary wait constructive in some tiny way.
I absentmindedly ran my hand up the back of my neck to feel the heat at the base of my hair, running my nails over my scalp, massaging lightly.
My necklace, shit! It must have fallen off, become a casualty of the almost violent parting kiss this morning. He had grabbed my neck, pulled me back into the car and kissed me with such ferocity I walked away flushed, stumbling, self-conscious in my sudden arousal.
Damn, I liked that necklace too. No name, no number, neither had I taken absolutely any notice of what car I was getting into this morning in the awkward rush to gather clothes, fake composure, accept the lift to town as I had no idea where I was.
Red. BMW maybe? All I can recall was the smell of him, the heat in that car, the exhaultation of having lived life a little dangerously and this time, anyway, getting away with it.

No comments: