Sunday 12 October 2008

Fate...

You came into my life when I least expected it.
My curve ball.
Took me by surprise. Ill prepared. Off balance.
So much more than the tenuous thread that drew us together after so many years.

A disproportionate response from my heart, my mind, and most delightfully my body!

The immediate connection that night,
a meeting of familiarity and truth.
An unwitting abandonment to the workings of fate.

The realisation that my feelings and future were predetermined
shook my very foundations - threw me off course.

That curve ball again.

Tremors passed. Leaving in their wake the calm certainty of a future shared.
Our love, our children - inexplicably and infinitely linked.
So very happily intertwined. Irreversable.

Fate threw me a curve ball
and I caught it with both hands.

No comments: